I’ve been asked lately to post something up on what to eat that will help our skin naturally. It all comes down to a good diet=great skin theory. It’s a plan that was created by dermatologists Valori Treloar, MD coauthor of The Clear Skin Diet, created this plan for women who had problem skin. Dr. Treloar asked them to follow for 7 weeks this skin diet. The instructions were simple:
1) Steer clear of white food family: including white bread, cookies, cakes, and crackers.
2) Eat more fiber rich carbs like brown rice, whole-grain pasta, sweet potatoes, and lentils.
3) Cut down on dairy: try soy milk, almond milk, or yogurt. The fermentation may reduce some of the growth hormones (in cows) that could trigger acne.
4) Avoid processed meats like hot dogs, contains inflammatory omega-6 fats. When buying meat, opt for the organic & free-range.
5) Fill plate with colorful antioxidant-rich vegetables: such as carrots, spinach, broccoli. (If possible eat them raw)
6) Eat wild-caught oily fish: salmon, mackerel, and sardines.
7) Cook with olive oil: rather than corn or vegetable oil that contain more omega-6 fats.
8) Cut down on alcohol: proven to exacerbate adult acne, eczema, and rosacea.
If possible, Dr. Treloar also recommends eliminating processed carbs entirely for a few months. Same with dairy (take daily 400 mg calcium supplement with 200-400 mg of magnesium & 1,000 IU of vitamin D instead).
The results after a few weeks testers noticed their face clearing up.
“excerpts taken from beauty Glamour.com 2012”